the weakest link

You may choose to stay away from me but can you break every link between us? I guess not...When I saw India winning the 2011 Cricket World Cup, I knew aomewhere you were watching it too, the emotions, the pride that overwhelmed me was the same in your heart. What I was thinking at that moment was similar to the thoughts in your mind and that thought was what connected me to you. At nights when I come out of my office building and look at the full moon over the distant greenery while standing on the bridge, with that cool breeze rejuvenating my tired body, flooding it with unlimited energy, bringing it back to action, I know that somewhere in the darkness of the same night you might be looking at it with a similar admiration for that beauty, that the light reflecting from the surface of the moon seems to be coming from you and when that light surrounds me, it feels as if you are holding me in your arms, that when that silver beam light my way, it seems as if you are holding a lantern to light my way. When I see Satyamev Jayate on Sunday mornings, the fire that it initiated within me, the anger that gets moulded into a motive to make some difference is the same that makes you watch it, and that's what connects me to you. The fire, the anger, the pride, the admiration, the emotions...No matter how weak the link is, a link to you is strong enough a link to hold my life together, to give me the strength to fight the pain, to bear the world as it is, the strength not to succumb to the attrocities of life, the perseverance to be a better person, the reason to change...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Time

Lost in Transition

Uncomfortable Silence