11/11/11

What is so special about this date? 0fcourse the day, month, year numeral of this date when written in dd/mm/yy (or mm/dd/yy) format are all 11. There are only 12 such dates in a century and unless our great scientists develop a miraculous technology that can increase an average human life to above 100 years, this was the second last of such dates that all the human beings alive today would ever see. But of all these 12 dates, 11/11/11 stands apart for a special reason that every digit in this date is 1 and if you were born before 1st January 2000 and you add the yy part of of your DOB (Date of Birth) to your age that you will be on this year will result to 111, all the digits of which is again 1. What if you were born on or after 1st January 2000? Don't be so dishearted for then the sum would result to 11, all the digits of which is again 1. My, my isin't that wonderful enough. Nah...not for me. So I decided to make this day really really special for me. I decided, to tell a girl, for the first time in my life that I was in love with her. I decided to do it in the evening, after she was back from her office. And guess what it was a Friday, the most wonderful of all the seven days created by modern man

The week that was just about to end was very hectic for me. I had a very important deliverable the previous day in an area that I had never worked before. I hadn't slept for 36 straight hours but I didn't feel exhausted as if the decision made a few minutes ago rejuvenated every inch of me. I felt very happy. Alas! As the day proceeded, the tiredness from the last two days started dawning on me and when things starts to go wrong, even your mind starts playing funny tricks with your thoughts. I faintly knew that she didnot feel that way about me, the way I felt about her. So by the time I left office I decided to drop the whole plan and just try to go on with life as it comes to me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get her off my mind. To my relief the cook arrived a little early and for a change I decided to get Chinese food prepared. Noodles, manchurian and a bottle of cold drink. Excellent combination for a gourmet. But it didn't help me much in not to think about her. What was I thinking anyway? A treat to my tastebuds can make me realise that life can be wonderful without her. Can make me stop loving her? Really? So to get her off my head, I thought of watching a movie. Funny me. To get a girl off my head I chose to watch 'My Sassy Girl', the sweetest romantic movie ever. The good thing about the movie that started working out for me was that the girl(female protagonist) was giving the male protagonist a really tough time. So far so good. See how all relationship finally end up. Everything was going great until this scene in the second half of the movie, where this stupid friend of the guy asks him a very stupid question "why was he with the girl who was making his life so miserable? Why doesn't he stop seeing her? To which the guy replies very stupidly "because I am in love with her". Damn you, you male protagonist. Thanks to you, now I will have another sleepless day. Why the hell you had to remind me me of my miseries?

You see, you don't have to be in Seattle to be sleepless. The feeling was universal. But one thing that I was sure of was that you have the choice to change everything and the choice is yours alone. The movie was a sign. It made me rethink of all the reasons why I wanted to be with her, and of all the reasons one reason stood prominent, dominating over everything "because I was in love with her". Finally at around 10:OO o'clock in the night I gave her a call.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just One Time

Lost in Transition

Uncomfortable Silence